Monday, January 26, 2009

Water: The Drinking Game

Drinking enough water is one of the most important things you can do. Probably the most important thing. Sufficient hydration allows your body to do what it needs to do more efficiently; it cleanses; it fills you up (did you know that a lot of times when we think we are hungry, we are actually thirsty?); it makes you feel good. There is really no good reason NOT to drink plenty of it.

I say this after I just chugged a 16-ounce glass of water, my first of the day. At two in the afternoon. Clearly, I'm having a hard time. We have a water cooler just three steps from where I sit, just staring at me, and I'm still struggling to get a decent amount of water in.

So, I'm inventing a new drinking game that will guarantee I get in my daily water requirement... and then some.

In the spirit of those oh-so-fun party games from my youth, I will have to drink (water) every time...
...I refresh my browser on Facebook or iVillage.
...I complain about how cold it is outside.
...Rachael Ray says "delish" or "E.V.O.O." on Food Network.
...my dogs whine to be let outside.
...my dogs bark to come inside.
...the phone rings.
...the boiler kicks on.
...I check my email (work and personal).
...the dogs bark at something outside (real or imaginary).
...I take a sip of coffee.
...one of the baby's toys makes a noise.
...I go to the bathroom (this will up the ante significantly as the day wears on).

I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment