Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Phase I, Day 5

January 5, 2009

I really can't believe how good I've felt these past few days. I have truly not felt this good in a very long time. I don't know if I can chalk it up to healthy eating so soon, or if I've simply psyched myself up, but I don't care! Maybe it's just the fact that I am finally taking control over something in my life. I've attacked a problem head-on, rather than complain about it, and I feel like I've already succeeded simply by trying. It's so empowering…even addicting! I'm becoming an active participant in my own life again, and I don't…want…to…go…back.

As far as South Beach goes, I'm really cruising along. I have completely blown our grocery budget for the month getting set up, but it's worth it and I know it will even out over the long term. And I have to give a double-thumbs-up: I tried the Fage nonfat greek yogurt with a spoonful of natural peanut butter and a packet of Splenda (thanks to cl-cathy!), and it's REALLY GOOD! I've never had the Fage before, and I absolutely love the texture - it's so thick and rich, it's like I'm eating mascarpone cheese!

B: 1 hard-boiled egg w/spritz of Smart Balance, 2 pieces turkey bacon, 6oz V8, coffee

S: 6oz Fage nonfat yogurt w/1T natural peanut butter and 1 package Splenda

L: 2 turkey roll-ups (one w/string cheese and one w/a pickle) w/cilantro-wasabi mayonnaise (canola mayo), small salad with Caesar Salad Spritzer

S: sliced peppers w/2T hummus, 1oz lf cheddar cheese

D: turkey meatloaf (doctored to be phase one friendly), broccoli

S: mocha ricotta creme

Water: 8 glasses
Exercise: None.

No comments:

Post a Comment