Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Phase I, Day 2

January 2, 2009

After getting off to a good start on day one, today was a little trickier. We spent the day with Dave's family - mom, dad, Jen, Vinnie and the kids. I did my best to be prepared by putting together a few Beach-friendly snacks, because I had no idea what would be awaiting me at the in-laws' house. I also knew that we would be going out to dinner, which I was very nervous about since this is only day two for me - and the temptation would be all around me. I have to say, though, that I did really well, and I think I made some reasonably good choices given the options. My family was also supportive (minus the fact that they were eating all sorts of goodies around me, but I don't think it would be fair to ask them not to), asking what I can or can't eat. Dad went out and picked up some cold-cuts and other makings for sandwiches for lunch, and I was able to make up a couple of roll-ups (sans bread) and a little mixed green salad on the side. We all went out to a Mediterranean restaurant for dinner, and I think I made some good choices. I was a bit disappointed in the salad - it was basically akin to one of the prepackaged iceberg lettuce mixes (and it had some shredded carrots in it, oh well). And everyone of course had to order some decadent desserts, while I stuck with coffee. I have to say, though, I left that restaurant feeling proud of myself and NOT feeling all bloated and uncomfortable as I would have if I'd had the tiramisu. :) All in all, not a bad day.

B: 2 poached eggs and 2 pieces Canadian bacon, 6oz V8, ½ cup coffee

S: sliced red & green peppers with 2T hummus

L: 2 turkey roll-ups (one with a string cheese) with tomato, spinach, pickle and deli mustard, mixed greens with a splash of lite Caesar dressing

S: 12 almonds, rest of red & green peppers with laughing cow light cheese

D: hummus, babaganoush appetizers with cucumbers and tomatoes for dipping, salad w/5 jumbo grilled shrimp and 4t vinagrette dressing, 1T yogurt dipping sauce, diet coke

S: 2 cups coffee.

Water: 7-8 glasses? I lost count.
Exercise: None

No comments:

Post a Comment