Saturday, January 10, 2009

Eating on the Run: A Lesson in Preparedness

Wow, I can't believe that I've only got four more days to go in Phase I! By now, I've really got a handle on the carbs... cravings have for the most part been nonexistent. Today, despite the fact that it was snowing, Dave and I ventured out to the mall with the baby...and ultimately spent over FOUR HOURS there. I had not expected to be out nearly that long, and had eaten my first snack right before heading out the door. Two hours later, were were only halfway done with what we had planned to accomplish, and all of us were hungry. So, off to the dreaded *food court* we went. I ended up with a salad from Subway, which turned out to be really good - and I was even able to get packets of oil and vinegar on the side, which helped tremendously! I thoroughly enjoyed the salad, the entire time eating in the shadow of McDonald's, Taco Bell, Chik Fil A, Nathans, and some really greasy "Japanese" place (since when is Bourbon Chicken a Japanese dish?). I'm very proud of myself! Even Dave opted for a Subway sandwich, instead of his usual mall choice: that Japanese Bourbon Chicken. :)

While I thought I was prepared by bringing a bottle of water with me, I now know that I really should always keep some snacks handy to throw in my bag, as well. You never know when you might find yourself out of the house far longer than you had planned!

No comments:

Post a Comment