Saturday, February 28, 2009

Goodbye, Pregnancy Weight!

I admit that I did not gain a huge amount of weight while I was pregnant, only about 18 pounds all told. Nine of those pounds fell right off at Caroline's birth at the end of July (as would be expected), but the other nine... As of January 1 -- a little over five months later -- they were still lingering.

I am thrilled to announce that as I reach the end of my second month on the Beach, I am saying goodbye to the last of that pregnancy weight, for good! (Or, at least until I get pregnant again!)

This week, I was able to wear a pair of jeans I hadn't worn since becoming pregnant. And the size tens I had to give in and purchase back in November, just so I had something I could wear because maternity clothes just weren't kosher anymore... they're falling off of me. I can actually take them off without unbuttoning them!

I've still got another 10-20 pounds to go (the scale is just a gauge, not the last word), but making this mini-milestone has really motivated me to keep going!

1 comment:

  1. congrats! a scale might just be a gauge but it's definitely nice to see certain numbers.

    ReplyDelete