Thursday, March 12, 2009

Zen and the Art of Creamed Spinach

I think that Michelle Obama has been reading my blog.

Otherwise, why would she be taking up the crusade for healthy eating and healthy living?

Well, maybe she's just one smart cookie -- er, carrot. Regardless of how she came up with the idea, I think it's great. My daughter is only seven months old and her food needs are pretty basic, but I plan on making sure that as she gets older her dinner plate continues to be filled with colorful, healthy -- and still tasty -- whole foods. And I'm getting a head start by getting into the habit for myself and my husband, so that we can set a good and healthy example.

On a side note, Obama's also got the nation buzzing about how to make creamed spinach -- without the cream. A recipe I am most definitely going to be trying for myself one day, soon.

I'll let you know how that creamed spinach goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment